Fire Place Services In Somerset, Lancaster, Zanesville, Newark, OH, and Surrounding areas
Which Fireplace is Right for You?
Each type of fireplace has its pros and cons, so it’s best to carefully think about what would work best for you.
- Wood burning fireplaces are popular because they can provide a very traditional atmosphere.
- They may not always be the most economical option, but they have been proven to last longer than any other type of fireplace out there.
- Electric fireplaces have become extremely popular in recent years they are low maintenance and easy to use. One of the main drawbacks of an electric fireplace, however, is its limited flame presentation.
- Free-standing stoves are excellent at providing heat, but it can be difficult sometimes to find a store nearby selling the firewood you need.
- Gas fireplaces are becoming very popular as people become more environmentally conscious. They also come with a big downside, which is that gas can be dangerous.
If you have any questions about which is the right fireplace for you, contact Roy Mechanical. We can help you narrow down exactly what you’re looking for, install it for you, and get you on our maintenance plan so you don’t have to worry about anything. Roy Mechanical, LLC is one of the best Lancaster HVAC companies.
Gas Fireplace Services
- Gas Fireplace Repair
- Gas Fireplace Service
- Gas Fireplace Inspection
There are five main signs to note when you need gas fireplace services.
- Pilot light issues. If your gas fireplace’s pilot light frequently goes out or refuses to stay lit, it’s typically a problem with a part called the thermopile, which may need an easy replacement. It could also be a more serious problem with the wiring.
- Too much soot. A lot of soot in a gas fireplace could mean an issue with the logs, the inside of the fireplace, or with your venting.
- Wear and tear.
- Switching on and off. When your gas fireplace switches on and off, there are many potential reasons behind it.
- A rotten egg smell. This smell means there’s a gas leak somewhere and you need to leave the area immediately.
If you’re in Somerset, Lancaster, Zanesville, or nearby, and you’re experiencing any of these issues, call in the experts at Roy Mechanical at (740) 777-2597. We’ll send an expert technician to your home right away.
We also offer gas fireplace repairs and gas fireplace inspections. We recommend annual inspections to keep your fireplace running at its best. We also offer heating tune-up in Lancaster, OH to your doorstep..
Electric Fireplace Services
- Electric Fireplace Repair
- Electric Fireplace Service
If you’re interested in another option, which has nearly no maintenance costs, our team of professionals provides electric fireplace repairs and electric fireplace services.
You won’t have to clean out any soot with an electric fireplace, but you will still need to maintain it. We recommend having your fireplace serviced once a year or more often, depending upon usage levels. During service appointments, our technicians will check for any problems such as dust, debris, electrical component issues and clean the fireplace.
Call us today for an appointment. Our certified and experienced technicians will be able to assist you with electric fireplace repairs or and furnace installation in Lancaster, Ohio, Somerset, Zanesville, or a surrounding city in Ohio.
Wood-Burning Fireplace Services
- Wood Burning Fireplace
- Wood Stove
- Free Standing Fireplaces
A wood-burning fireplace is a beautiful way to heat your home, but it requires an annual cleaning and maintenance schedule to keep it working well. If you need heater repair in Zanesville, contact Roy Mechanical, LLC.
Here are six tips for fireplace care during the colder months to help you maintain a safe wood burning or wood stove fireplace that is easy to use and simple to keep clean:
- Remove ashes after the fireplace has stopped glowing.
- Have your fireplace inspected before use. Every fireplace must meet codes for safety and efficiency, so make sure yours is inspected each year before you turn it on.
- Burn seasoned hardwood only. Only use burn seasoned (dry) wood in your fireplace to avoid creosote buildup, which can ignite and cause an interior chimney or fireplace fire.
- Keep the fireplace and chimney clean at all times. Your fireplace is a convenient place to dispose of crumpled paper and cardboard, but you should never burn these items in the fireplace. Paper and cardboard can ignite and then smolder for hours before producing enough heat to catch fire.
- Use fireplace tools designed for safety. Tools with pointed ends or metal fireplace pokers used in fireplaces can damage or break fireplace glass doors leading to possible cuts from broken glass and burns from hot embers when not used correctly.
- Store firewood outside the fireplace room. Where wood fireplace is used, store your firewood outside of that room because burning improperly seasoned firewood produces hydrogen chloride, associated with eye irritation and respiratory problems when inhaled.
For professional wood-burning fireplace services, give Roy Mechanical a call today to schedule an appointment. Our technicians will clean out the creosote from the flue, remove and clean air tubes, inspect the catalyst, clean the thermal probe, inspect the damper, and clean the glass. Contact us for HVAC repair in Lancaster.
Fire Place Services – Servicing The Somerset, Lancaster, Zanesville, Newark, OH, And Surrounding Areas.
Schedule Fire Place Services @ (740) 777-2597 or Schedule Online today!